Friday, May 25, 2012

Animation

When I read the title of this article, I was extremely interested in the subject matter. Animation is one of my favorite parts of the film industry. I had hopes that this article would hold many fascinating facts about this film style. After reading the first few paragraphs I realized that most of the information covered was about animation properties and the history. I did like how the author recognized Disney for his animation of Alice in a hand drawn background as opposed to a real life setting. Then I hit the page break and the article became more interesting with its discussion on experiment/abstract animation style. This is an area of animation that I have yet to explore. One of the more interesting pieces of information for me was the quote by Leopold Survage. I really enjoyed his take on art and animation. I like that it is about giving life to objects that normally seem lifeless. I enjoyed reading about the different ideas on experimental animation. The section on sound was beautiful. I agree with the article that sound is incredibly important for any animation. A good soundtrack can make the audience feel whatever the filmaker desires. Experimental animation has an interesting ability to use a variety of sounds and in some cases silence to create moods. Overall, this was an interesting and quick read. While I already had knowledge of some of these ideas and concepts, I still discovered new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment