Monday, May 21, 2012

First post!

The film was interesting and well made. It was painstakingly synched (images and audio). The creator spent a great deal of time on this process. Something that interested me greatly is that this film was made entirely by hand and without any computer animation. I am interested in learning the techniques and skills required to make a film such as this one. I am incredibly interested in discerning how some of the images were created and also how the filmaker kept them lined up frame to frame. One scene that sticks out in my head is when the frame went black and the tempo slowed. The white lines formed intricate patterns. I loved this use of negative space and it was a pleasurable shift from the rest of the film. With this segment, I am interested in how these ghostly lights were created. I want to know how the filmaker kept the shape and location similar with each other. Another part of this film that interested me were the moving characters/creatures. There walking cycles were well animated and there shapes stayed the same throughout each frame. The final thing of note to me was the use of color. I liked that there was a mix-up of many colors that drew my eyes to every part of the frame. Very interesting film and a great way to start this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment