Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Life in the Theatre

As a dual film studies/technical theatre major, I found this article to be particularly intriguing. I think that there has to be some form of planning in the theatre (and film worlds). However, I also know the importance of spontaneity and experimentation in designing. My focus in the theatre is costume design and crafting, as such, I have had plenty of experience using the creative side of my brain. When doing designs I like to find inspirations from other designers or objects I see. These help me create the best designs. If I did not use these inspirations, I feel that my designs much like the synthetic music would come off as cold and inhuman. This article is helpful going into the anaglyph set making. This is a time for experimenting. I feel like this will be one of my favorite project from the class. I have dreams to work art department so this assignment interests me. I feel like the groups will need the mindset described in this article in order to create the best possibly anaglyph project.

Also here is a puppet I made:



No comments:

Post a Comment