Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Long take review

When first hearing about the long take assignment being held on a Friday, I was initially upset. This meant that my trip home for the weekend would start and end later than anticipated. That being said, I enjoyed this assignment. I was a pleasure getting to work with a great group that was willing to accept and build on the ideas presented. During the planning stages we were able to get an idea and then use the objects found in the location (the cannon on Hoggard Lawn) to create an interesting shot. The day of the soot was also rather entertaining. Without having the authority of a teacher present the class was very talkative while still getting work done. It was refreshing to interact with the class in this manner. As the task manager for group one I also enjoyed getting to watch both of the first groups work on their shoots. I enjoyed getting to watch others being creative. When it came time for my group to shoot I feel we were prepared. We got out camera and blocked our action rehearsed a few times then shot. Afterwards we only had to wait a few minutes until we could develop and even ended up being able to leave early.

This will make sense later.



My only qualm with this project was the schedule. The first two groups having to develop and capture their film while we were shooting. Due to this, we had barely enough people and had to change some of our original plans. Other than that, I really enjoyed this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment